Thursday, October 2, 2014

Weekend in Granada - 9/27-9/28

Been awhile since I posted… I have been busy starting classes, making friends and doing a bit of traveling. Last weekend I went on an ESN trip to Granada. This was my second trip to Granada and I think was also the better trip. During my first trip we had limited time so we chose to walk up to the Alhambra, check out the Cathedral, eat some tapas and wander the streets.  On my second trip, we stayed in a nice hostel that was very close to the city center. One of the coolest thing we discovered on this trip was when you would order a drink at a restaurant it would come with a tapa. The more drinks you would order the larger the tapas would get. The ESN leaders gave us a tour of the city, which was nice, except it was all in Spanish so I could not tell you what anything was that we saw. We were given a lot of free time to do as we wish and both nights there was a trip to a local nightclub for our group. We got a guided tour of the Alhambra (also all in Spanish) and got to attend a Flamenco Show. The whole trip was a great experience and I am going to try to join another ESN trip to Salamanca and Toledo later in my trip.
Palace of Charles V

Graffiti art on the way up to the Alhambra

Tapas y sangria con mi madre.

Plaza del Triunfo en la noche.


Catedral de Granada

Alcazaba


Granada

Alhambra

No sé....


la discoteca.... we went here with the other Erasmus students one night and another club at the plaza de toros the next night.

Palacios de Nazaries


Patio de los Leones

Palacio de Generalife

No comments:

Post a Comment